At MacKillop, we help all our students develop leadership skills through formal leadership roles and practical leadership opportunities. Students relish the opportunity to make decisions, take on responsibility and have an input into the direction of our School. So too, our teachers value student agency and the opinions of the many young and creative minds they are guiding.
Student Parliament members are nominated and selected annually by peers and staff. The leadership structure is as follows:
Student Leadership Structure
Students are actively encouraged to contribute to the life of the College by taking on leadership roles. MacKillop Catholic College provides a student leadership program for students to develop their confidence and skills including:
- College Captains and Vice Captains together with Student Portfolio leaders.
- Student Parliament which provides both a voice to students and an opportunity for leadership in six Portfolios – Liturgy and Social Justice, Pastoral Care, Environmental, Sport, Social and Creative Arts
- Student awards program for all grades and special awards for Year 10 & 12 reflecting academic achievement, involvement in the Life of the College, Sport and Christian Leadership
- Law Society’s Mock Trial competition
- The Josie Mitchell Public Speaking and Debating and competitions for other grades
- Hosting program for students from sister school, Nikon University Daiichi Junior and Senior High School, Japan
Secondary Senior Student Parliament