Thank you from Coast Shelter
MacKillop Catholic College recently received a letter thanking our College community for the donations raised during our Year 12 Charity Day. Below is an excerpt from their letter:
I would like to thank you for your donation of $1,002, that was recently raised through the Year 12 Charity Day. You can be assured that your donations will assist Coast Shelter in achieving some outstanding results for marginalised and vulnerable individuals and families.
On the Central Coast there is a dire shortage of affordable rental accommodation for those on a low fixed income. As a result, we see many individuals and families making the difficult decision whether to put food on the table, or pay the rent to keep a roof over their head. To assist, our Community Centre provided the following services last financial year:
- 49,520 free meals
- 1,507 food hampers made up of food donated by local businesses and community members
- 502 people assisted with paying for medical prescriptions
- 302 people were assisted with EAPA vouchers to help pay for electricity accounts
- 105 people were assisted with small loans through the NILS (No Interest Loan Scheme)
- 1,000+ people were linked in with services such as Legal Aid, welfare agencies, podiatrists, health services, counsellors and accommodation providers
- 2,000+ people were assisted with shower and laundry facilities, toiletries, towels, blankets, swags etc
Mr John McNamara, Year 12 Coordinator, would also like to extend his thanks on behalf of our Year 12 Class of 2018 for helping them support our local community.