Parent support checklist
14 Feb 2020
New and existing parents and carers at MacKillop Catholic College may not be fully aware of the multitude of supporting staff and services we offer so we have provided a checklist below that may assist you:
- Mrs Natalie Tunstead, Family Liaison Officer – Natalie works three days a week and is often available at K-12 events offering her skills and expertise to strengthen the relationship between our parent community and College, and connect families to internal and external support services. Contact her by emailing email@example.com
- Sr Marea Ross, Josephite Support Person – Sr Marea has been at our College since we opened and has been a constant support among our student, parent and staff community. Sr Marea is available on Tuesdays and runs numerous programs that support the pastoral and wellbeing needs of our students and parents. Sr Marea is currently not available on campus due to the current coronavirus crisis, so for the time being, please contact Natalie Tunstead.
- Pastoral teachers (Secondary), Leaders of Pastoral Care (Secondary) and Classroom Teachers (Primary) – your direct port of call for educational and wellbeing concerns.
- Mrs Samara Stark and Mrs Beth Marsh, College Counsellors – Our school psychologists are available to students for specialised care.
- Compass – Your direct link with all College administration tools. This system is where our rolls are marked and notifications sent to parents for absent children, it is where parents can read school reports and also provides students with their timetable. As this system is being introduced in 2020 from our previous system, Edumate, we ask for your patience in getting everything up and running.
- College Facebook page – Our main social media platform with news, events and notifications.
- Parent Facebook Groups – Private groups where parents can ask questions, network and get further information:
- College website – Of which you are looking at right now! A great resource that houses term calendars, College Matters (our College magazine released every term), permission notes, uniform information, enrolment information, Secondary student resources, K-12 events and photos.
- College mobile app – available for free on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- MacKillop Chronicle – a weekly newsletter that publishes weekly highlights and information, as well as upcoming events of the week ahead to keep parents informed. Subscribe by clicking here!
- Instagram – Tag us using #mackillopwarnervale