Book Week Writing Competition
All secondary buccaneers are invited to enter this competition in one of two ways with prizes up for grabs:
Option the First:
- Write a creative story of exactly 25 words with the theme and heading being “Find Your Treasure”.
- Students should present their story creatively, using design and/or pictures on an A4 piece of paper. The 25 words can be written either in sentence form, an acrostic or as a poem.
- The stories will be judged on the impact of the 25 words and the way these words are presented.
Option the Second:
- Write a story no more than 1000 words with the theme and heading “Find Your Treasure”.
- These stories are to be written in a booklet form. While careful and attractive presentation is encouraged, no pictures are to be included except on the front cover.
Avast! (more details):
- These competitions will run separately for each year group.
- Students are to submit their entry with their name and year to the Library by Fri 24 Aug.
- Your story can be targeted for any age group.
- These stories will be published as ‘zines’and kept in the library collection.
So what are you waiting for, me hearties: Get writing!
See Cap’n Crowe in the Library if you have any questions.