Cancelled: Safe on Social Media session for parents
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED. WE AIM TO RUN THIS SESSION AGAIN EARLY IN 2020.
We received fantastic feedback from the first session that we have organised to run this again for parents who missed out in October.
Concerned about your child’s safety on social media? Presented by Kirra Pendergast, this session is open to all MacKillop parents across K-12. It will include a Q&A time, and real life case studies and strategies to help parents support their children.
- Using social media with awareness
- Keeping personal information private
- Online grooming
- Posting photos and sexting
- Privacy settings
- Legal responsibility
- Gaming dangers
- Learning to read teenager behaviour online
- Strategies to build resistance and resilience
- Identify theft
- Managing digital footprints
This session is for ages 18+ only. There will be a movie showing in the Theatre with supervision.