Our College
Home Our College College Houses

College Houses

MacKillop Catholic College has dedicated their six Houses to significant places and times in the life of Mary MacKillop: Fitzroy, Penola, Gesu, Alma, Temuka and Kincumber. Students are placed in their House at the beginning of school which is also their Pastoral Class in Secondary. They will then remain in that House until the end of Year 12.

Mary MacKillop was born in Brunswick Street, FITZROY.
Mary opened the first Saint Joseph’s School in a disused stable in PENOLA.
The GESU Church, in Rome was a favourite place of prayer for Mary MacKillop.
ALMA was the name of the house in North Sydney where Mary lived and died.
Mary set up her First Foundation of Sisters in TEMUKA, New Zealand in 1883.
Mary and the sisters opened an orphanage for boys at KINCUMBER.